Executive Director of Korean Committee for UNICEF
On 1 April, Korean Committee for UNICEF (KCU) announced Dae Won Suh, former ambassador as its new Executive Director. Mr. Suh possesses extensive experience in diplomacy.
Mr. Suh brings to the job 30 years of experience as diplomat including Director-General of International Organization Bureau of Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1997-1998), Ambassador of Korea to the United Nations in New York (1998-2000), Korean Ambassador to Hungary, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina (2001-2003).
Mr. Suh will take on the role of Executive Director for a three-year term.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do since its establishment in 1946. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
About Korean Committee for UNICEF (KCU)
Korea had indeed made history by becoming one of the nations to transit from a recipient country to a donor country in less than half a century. KCU established itself as one of the most successful organizations dedicated to the well-being and rights of the children within and outside Korea. In 2014, KCU ranked as the fourth largest contributor of private sector revenue to UNICEF.
Career History in Related Fields
• Senior Advisor & Head Delegation, Korea-Hungary Knowledge Sharing Program(present)
• Member of the Board of Directors, Korea Council on Foreign Relations (2010-present)
• Member of the Board of Directors, Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra Foundation(2014-present)
• Member of the Board of Directors, The Society for East Sea(2010-present)
• Spokesperson, Ministry of Foreign Affairs(1995-1996)
• Council Member, Presidential Council on Nation Branding(2009-2013)
• Secretary General, Bidding Committee for the 2022 FIFA World cup Korea (2009-2011)
• Distinguished Professor in Diplomacy, Chung Ang Univ.(2011-2013)
• Chair Professor, Kwang Woon Univ.(2007-2010)
• Distinguished Professor in Diplomacy, Yonsei Univ.(2003-2004)